This one-day workshop provides an opportunity to review alternative sources of funding for health & social care organisations and projects.
Many other funding streams other than commissioning funding are still available for health & social care projects. This workshop reviews the many alternative funding sources including charitable trusts, the Big Lottery, social investment and European Funding.
The health-funding environment is changing radically and major changes are planned in terms of central government and local health funding. What are the new opportunities, through policy initiatives like devolution of health and social care funding? This workshop considers these too as well as the role of social enterprises in the delivery of health & social care services and the funding to support these developments.
This workshop is for representatives from Registered Charities, Community & Voluntary Sector Organisations, Local Authority officers, Researchers, Learning Partnerships and training providers. Education professionals and researchers, FE College Managers and Bursars, local health & social care projects and social enterprises.
Aims and Objectives
As a result of attending this workshop participants will be
- more informed about alternative funding for health & social care projects
- better able to identify potential sources of funding
- better able to identify partnership opportunities
- more knowledgeable on ways to access to a range of valuable funding resources
- Identify Alternative Funding for health & social care projects
- New funding opportunities arising from new policy initiatives like devolution of health funding
- Public health funding
- Implications for other funding mechanisms such as local and central government funding
- Existing funding streams
- Other funding streams, including Charitable Trusts, Lottery and European Funding streams that will still be accessible
- Social Enterprise and health funding projects
- Case studies
- Group exercises & report back
- Identification of growth areas in partnership development
- Resources and funding opportunities
- Sources of information and further help