Sources of Alternative Funding For Education, Schools and Young People
This workshop will provide an opportunity to review sources of funding for education, schools, children and young people’s projects.
The education & CYP funding environment is changing radically. These structural changes plus the advent of free schools, academies, the abolition of the children’s trusts, the pupil premium and changes to the Building Schools for the Future programme means education organisations, schools and CYP projects will need to seek funding through a more diverse range of options and develop new fundraising strategies.
This one-day workshop explores the alternative sources of funding that are on offer to education providers and those who work with children and young people.
The workshop is suitable for school managers, bursars and teachers. School governors, registered charities, community & voluntary sector organisations, FE colleges, local authorities. Managers and bursars of Academies and Free Schools. Managers and staff of CYP projects, education professionals and researchers.
Aims & Objectives
This workshop helps participants to be better:
- informed about education funding opportunities
- able to identify potential sources of funding
- able to identify grant, lottery and other funding opportunities
- able to access to a range of valuable funding resources
- able to develop a funding strategy
- Funding implications for Education, Schools and Children & Young People’s Projects
- Main policy drivers and implications of the Big Society and localism
- New funding opportunities arising from new policy initiatives like
- the pupil premium
- the Big Society
- and other government initiatives
- How will proposed outcome related funding affect education and CYP projects?
- Potential partnership, commissioning/procurement and schools cluster opportunities
- PTA’s, Friends of Schools Groups, charities and other non-profit making structures
- Academies and free schools – how can they raise funds?
- Other funding streams including
- Charitable Trusts
- European Funding streams